March 2020 Special Election
Oldsmar registered voters are encouraged to participate in the upcoming Special Election.
A proposed amendment to the city charter will ask whether or not text accidentally deleted in 2015 should be added back in.
PRESIDENTIAL PREFERENCE PRIMARY
The Presidential Preference Primary Election will also be on the ballot.
VOTER REGISTRATION, STATUS
To check on your voter registration status or information on how to register, you may speak with a representative from the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections by calling (727) 464-VOTE (8683) or visit www.VotePinellas.com.
For any questions regarding the 2020 Municipal Special Election, contact the City Clerk's office at (713) 749-1115.
CITY COUNCIL SEAT 3
With the resignation of Council Member McGee, local candidates will be vying to serve on City Council Seat 3 and serve the remaining term until March 2021.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES - OLDSMAR CITY COUNCIL SEAT 3
Meet Chris Bohr, Candidate for Oldsmar City Council Seat 3
- Native Floridian and lifelong resident of the upper Tampa Bay
- Married to wife Missy for (20) years. Son, Christopher Michael 3 ½ yrs old
- Son of Don Bohr (2 term city council member and Vice Mayor) & Jane Bohr (Oldsmar Citizen of the Year 2010)
- Bachelor of Arts - Radio/Television University of Central Florida
- Graduate and Instructor- Florida Auctioneer Academy
- President, Senior Auctioneer/Realtor @ Complete Auctions and Estate Sales, Inc. & BohrSellsHomes.com Lic. Auctioneer/Realtor
- Member: National Association of Realtors, Auctioneer Association, Pinellas Realtor Organization, Upper Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce and proud member of the Moose Club.
- Palm Harbor Board of Directors 2006-2010/Honorary Mayor 2006
- Small Business of the Year Award Palm Harbor 2009, 2010
- Golf Tournament Committee Chairperson 2010, 2011
- Liaison to the Bay Area Young Professionals
- Entrepreneur of the Year UTB Chamber 2015, SBOTY UTB 2016 *Auctioneer & Emcee at a variety of city/chamber functions and events.
- I WANT TO: KEEP OLDSMAR ON TRACK WITH DOWNTOWN
- KEEP OUR PROPERTY VALUES UP AND TAXES DOWN
- FIND A PERMANENT HOME FOR THE VFW & Help Vets & Seniors
- Encourage Revitalizing the Green Tree Marina (Jack Willies area)
Political Advertisement by Chris Bohr For Oldsmar City Council seat 3 campaign
Candidate Contact Info:
Meet Andrew Knapp, Candidate for Oldsmar City Council Seat 3
My name is Andrew Knapp and I am running for Seat 3 on the Oldsmar City Council.
I was born and raised in Oldsmar, and feel that now is the time to give back to the city that has helped cultivate who I am today. Oldsmar continues to be such a wonderful community for not only my family but ALL of the wonderful families around town.
I feel that I am positioned to lend my talents to help improve the city and I’m ready to put in the effort towards Connecting All of Us.
I only ask that I get the support of you, the citizens of this great city, to help me be the voice you need to make continuous improvement we’d all love to see.
- Ordinance Review Committee Chair
- Firefighter’s Pension Board Member
- Code Enforcement Board Member
- Upper Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Hayes Park Village HOA President
- Volunteer at Oldsmar Cares
- Eagle Scout
- Growth: Addressing the development of downtown with thoughtful consideration for what will benefit both our residents and local businesses. Hotels alone won’t be enough won’t benefit our residents. We need shops, cafes, restaurants, breweries and work spaces for our residents.
- Transportation: Providing safe access across Tampa Road for pedestrians, cyclists, golf carts and more. We need to move forward with either a multi-modal overpass or modernized crosswalks to give residents on the north side of Tampa Road safe access to downtown.
- Culture & The Arts: Exploring options to construct a Cultural Arts and Events Center. We used to have an Arts Center where our Library currently stands, let’s bring it back! A basketball court does not do our arts programs justice, we can and WILL do better.
- Environment & Technology: Installing solar power utilities on municipal buildings and electrifying the municipal fleet of vehicles. We were a leader in installing vehicle charging stations, it’s high time to lead again on other green initiatives.
- Recreation: Diversifying our recreation options to residents. We just added pickleball courts and an outdoor hockey rink. What’s next? Perhaps a running track or community pool. Additionally we should work with developers to revitalize the marina near the intersection of SR 580 and St. Petersburg Drive.
Candidate Contact Info:
Phone: (727) 455-6131
Political Advertisement by Andrew Knapp for Oldsmar City Council Seat 3
Meet Kelly O’Brien - Candidate for Oldsmar City Council Seat 3
Hello! I am Kelly O’Brien, a 16-year resident of Oldsmar, a 12-year business owner in Oldsmar, and most importantly, a mom, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a psychologist, an advocate for children and families, and a woman of faith. I moved to Florida in 1996 after earning my BA in Psychology, my MA in Clinical Psychology and working at a residential mental health treatment program for children in Erie, PA. I earned my MA in Education, an Educational Specialist’s Degree (Ed.S.) and a Ph.D. in School Psychology at USF. I interned in city schools and a residential treatment program in Cleveland, OH, and returned once again to live amongst the beauty and the palms of sunny Florida. Because I like to keep myself on my toes, I now own my own private practice in Oldsmar, am a psychological associate at the Tampa Bay Family Therapy Center in Tampa, and work as a Family Ministry Assistant at Bayside Church on St Rd. 580. I am the grateful mother to Fallon (Zazu in OPAL’s Lion King Jr.) and she is the reason why I strive to live, work and play with intention and purpose.
I am running for Oldsmar City Council Seat 3 because I want to contribute in a meaningful way to the happiness and health of children and families in Oldsmar. I love that we as a city are working on building a beautiful and booming downtown, and my personal aim is to help us focus just as much effort on building up the families who will get to enjoy it. I want our families to feel a true connection to this community and to hold to the belief that this a community that cares for them, listens to them, and wants them to be beautiful and booming, too! I have many ideas that I want to see come to fruition, from finding a way to provide parenting education/coaching (because raising children can be hard, let’s be real), to developing a Kids’ Council to involve children in local government, to securing a top-notch performing arts setting for our amazingly talented youth! I also support the needs and initiatives of our public safety personnel and veterans. As the wife of a first responder and a Gold Star Family member, I have a strong interest in supporting those people who selflessly care for and defend our families every day.
I want Fallon, who already seemingly knows half of our residents at her young age of eight (this is no coincidence), to grow and thrive in a community where she feels connected to others, understands her responsibility to contribute, and has access to those things that make for a happy life. Research repeatedly shows that these are the building blocks of strong mental health. (I AM a psychologist after all!)
Please consider putting me in Seat 3 where I will be a joyful and dedicated servant to the City of Oldsmar!
Political Advertisement by Kelly O’Brien for Oldsmar City Council Seat 3
Candidate Contact Info:
Phone: (813) 598-1652