The City will collect residential garbage 2 times per week.
All household garbage and trash shall be drained of liquid, bagged, and sealed airtight prior to placement in residential automated garbage carts to prevent litter, odors, and vermin. Carts and containers shall be filled to allow lids to fully close and shall not be overloaded.
Only household garbage and small amounts of loose yard waste shall be placed in automated residential garbage carts and not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Residential Curbside Customers
- No more than 2 cubic yards will be collected per pick-up. This includes cart contents, bulk items and yard debris.
- No items considered excluded waste by the Franchise Agreement shall be collected, including but not limited to:
- Construction debris
- Car parts
Front Load Dumpsters
All items must fit inside the container and the lid must close.
- No items considered excluded waste by the Franchise Agreement shall be placed inside the dumpster, including but not limited to:
- Construction debris
- Car Parts
- Large appliances
- For larger items and excluded waste the customer can:
- Haul item(s) to the Pinellas County Solid Waste Facility
- Request a separate roll-off dumpster (deposits and roll-off collection fees apply)
- Contact an outside vendor to haul items to the Pinellas County Solid Waste Facility (no outside roll-offs are allowed per the Franchise Agreement)
- For an extra pick-up contact Orion/Coastal directly at (727) 531-0360 to schedule.
Place your collection containers at the curb before 7:00 A.M. on your scheduled pickup day and make sure that they are:
- Placed within 2 feet of the curb or edge of pavement with the handle facing away from the pavement.
- Placed at least 3 feet away from any other object, including but not limited to other carts, bulk waste, trees, mailboxes, parked cars, or utility lines.
- If cart is blocked or placed in an unsafe location, a notice tag will be placed on the cart.
Cart shall be relocated after collection to a point inside, at the side, or the rear of the structures of residence no later than 7:00 P.M. the day of collections.
Pickup is 2 times a week.
Common Reasons for Non-Collections
- Set-out occurred after 7:00 A.M.
- Items were hidden, and the driver did not see them (i.e. blocked from view by a parked car)
- Cart placed within 3 feet of another object
- Incorrect or overflowing container
- Some items placed in cart are not accepted by the City’s waste/recycling program
If none of these apply and by 5:00 P.M. collection has still not occurred, contact us.