- Collection Requirements
- Set-Out Time
- Pickup Frequency
- Max Count
- Materials Accepted
- Materials Not Accepted
Yard waste shall mean grass, leaves, and brush (i.e. small branches, twigs, palm fronds) from general yard maintenance, this does not include materials from tree removal, land clearing or home renovation projects.
Yard waste shall be placed in the garbage cart, in a personal garbage can, bagged or bundled within 2 feet of the curb or edge of pavement and at least 3 feet away from any other object.
The City will collect up to, and no more than 2 total cubic yards or manageable yard waste per week.
Please have yard waste at the curb by 7:00 A.M. on your pickup day.
Pickup is weekly.
Up to, and no more than 2 total cubic yards of manageable yard waste shall be placed at the curb on a single pickup service day. Scattered yard waste will not be collected.
- Leaves, plant trimmings, cut flowers, weeds, etc.
- Pruning, brush and small branches up to 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet long
- Grass clippings (have you considered Grasscycling?)
Materials Not Accepted
- Tree stumps and branches larger than 2 inches in diameter
- Rocks, dirt, soil
- Any non-organic item (i.e. plastic flower pots and name sticks)
- Driveway sweepings
- Food waste
Common Reasons for Non-Collections
- Set-out occurred after 7:00 A.M.
- Items were hidden, and the driver did not see them (i.e. blocked from view by a parked car)
- Material is construction or demolition debris and exceeds allowance to be considered minor amounts of household remodeling waste
- Exceeds limit of 2 cubic yards per week
- Too heavy for collection
- Brush material exceeds 4 feet in length or 6 inches in diameter
- Yard waste is not bundled, neatly stacked or placed in a yard waste container
- Item(s) not accepted for curbside pick-up
If none of these apply and by 5:00 P.M. collection has still not occurred, contact us.