- Planning & Redevelopment
- Building Division
The Building Division is responsible for ensuring that new development and modifications to existing development in Oldsmar is completed in compliance with state, county, city, and local laws and codes.
The Building Division provides technical information to citizens, contractors, and developers and performs the following services:
- Codes and ordinances (city and state)
- Inspects all projects that require a permit
- Issues LDC permits
- Reviews plans
Dumpsters must be obtained by calling 813-855-5257.
ISO Building Code Effectiveness Grading Classification
Good news! The City of Oldsmar ISO Building Code Effectiveness Grading Classification is 3 for 1 and 2 family residential property and 3 for commercial and industrial property. Insurers can use the Building Code Effectiveness Grading Classification as a basis for applying credits to individual property insurance policies.
You may view the new 2020 Florida Building Code, 7th Edition for free by visiting International Code Council website.
All Florida Building Code Permits for the City of Oldsmar will be issued by Pinellas County per a new Interlocal Agreement effective Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
To ensure that proposed use in said district is in compliance with current zoning district standards contact our Planning & Redevelopment Department Zoning and Planning Technician, James Wagner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-749-1121.
HOW DOES THIS IMPACT YOU?
What you will need to do PRIOR to obtaining a Building Code Related Permit within the City of Oldsmar are the following actions. These actions MUST be completed by you through the City’s Building Division.
- Obtain Zoning and Land Use
- Land Development Code Approvals
- Flood Reviews
- Public Works & Fire Approvals
- Architectural Review for properties located within the Community Redevelopment Area and along the Tampa Road Corridor*
Once the above necessary actions are completed, the applicant can then proceed to finalize their Florida Building Code Permit with Pinellas County.
IMPORTANT UPDATES FROM PINELLAS COUNTY BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW SERVICES
- Permits Online 24/7 Starting December 5, 2022 https://pinellas.gov/digital-plan-room/
Exception to requiring Oldsmar approval first, the following permit types may be submitted directly to Pinellas County Building Department:
- Electric (on private property only)
- Plumbing (on private property only)
- Window/doors/garage doors *
- Soffits, Fascia and Siding *
- Mechanical and A/C changeouts
- Gas permits for natural gas without new service
- Sheds >100sf (sheds <100sf are City only)*
*If property is located within the Community Redevelopment Area or along the Tampa Road Corridor you must receive architectural approval from the City of Oldsmar.