REPORT A WATER LEAK OR SEWER CLOG
|Water/Sewer||24 hours/7 days||813-749-1226|
|After Hours||10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.||727-313-0597|
Items like wipes, cotton balls, and dental floss may be labelled as "flushable", but they are not. These items do not break down like toilet paper in the wastewater system and cause clogs to form. These clogs will grow to create back-ups and overflows throughout the wastewater system. Only flush the 3 P’s:
- (Toilet) Paper
Do Not Flush:
- Baby and/or adult cleaning wipes
- Dental floss
- Cotton swabs and balls
- Feminine hygiene products (maxi pads, tampons, & wrappers)
- Kitty litter
- Paper towels
Also, please note that clogs within sanitary sewer piping (sewer lateral) on the homeowner’s property are the homeowner’s responsibility. Please avoid the unnecessary mess and plumbing charges by following this simple rule.
Putting Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) down your drain or garbage disposal will build up over time by sticking to your pipes creating sewer backups. Backups caused by FOG can cause expensive clean-up and repair costs. Residential FOG down the drain is one of the biggest contributors to sewer line blockage in Oldsmar. See below how you can prevent FOG down the drains.
Solid at room temperature
Liquid at room temperature
Turns to liquid while cooking, but solidifies when cooled
|Butter, shortening, margarine||Vegetable oil||Gravy|
|Peanut and nut butters||Salad dressing||Mayonnaise|
|Uncooked poultry skin||Canola oil||Melted meat fat|
|Meat trimmings||Olive oil||Bacon and sausage|
|Dairy: cheeses, cream, sour cream, ice cream||Cooking oil||Boiled poultry skin|
Keeping our drains fat free is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Can the Grease – Pour used cooking grease into an empty, heat-safe container, such as a soup can, and store it in the freezer. Once solidified, toss the can into the garbage.
2. Soak up – Remaining oils and grease with an absorbent material such as a paper towel and throw it into your garbage.
3. Scrape Your Plate – Wipe all pots, pans, dishes and cooking utensils with a paper towel prior to washing to absorb the grease.